Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, December 11, 2005

f*ck santa

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Getting a kid's picture taken with Santa Claus has to be one of the least fun activities ever.

It isn't that I don't love the excitement she'll feel next year or the year after that when she knows she's going to sit on the lap of the dirty fat old man who is going to bring her presents I can't afford because he's been looking down on her from somewhere up in the North Pole and she's been a good girl. No, it isn't that at all.

It's the MOTHER F*CKING line I have to wait in at the mall in order to get her picture taken to have memories of the joyous events.

Then in about 8 or 9 years she'll know the dudes a phony and I subjected my kid to the lap of a dirty old fat man for nothing.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is - the mall in my area - and probably the one in yours - needs to come up with a far more efficient way to run the Picture with Jolly Old Saint Fat Man line.

My friend Jen and I took our daughters on Thursday afternoon. We're thinking we're smart mommies taking the kids during the day on a weekday while the line isn't too long.

The line wasn't even that long. The problem was, even at about 20 people deep, the line didn't frigging move.

So Kyla takes off running and I decide to just follow her to the other size of the oversized snow globe and find out what the freak is going on with the line.

I approach the little roped off Santa area... and realized... what what to my wondering eyes should appear...

But a frigging 4 year old boy standing in front of Santa with a nig big fat piece of construction paper READING HIS LIST TO SANTA WHILE HIS DOTING MOTHER HELPS HIM GET THROUGH THE LIST.

I kid you not. This was no "sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you want in 30 seconds or less while we snap your picture and make our $29.99".

I didn't even know what to say. I was furious. Well, not furious, more like annoyed and disturbed.

I guess maybe because I've been to so many "move it along" meet & greets with celebrities I am used to a fast-moving line and you get your 30 seconds to shake hands, get a quick autograph, say hi, and walk away.

This is how they need to run the Santa Claus thing.

Needless to say, we didn't get our pictures done with Santa. I was turning red just thinking about this kid reading his letter, and he was probably only on item two trying to put his "Hooked on Phonix" skills in action...

Kyla isn't old enough to even know what was going on, she was just pissed that I made her get in her stroller so I could wheel her into Baby Gap and look at all the clothes I can't afford for her this year.

But my friend's daughter was upset, she's 3.

So I went on the air - of course - and bitched about it, twice. Once at 7 when I first went on the air... without mentioning the name of the mall because I've learned over the course of my "career" not to name names.... and then again at 10 when we started The Girly Spot.

Then I realized. This was one of the things I used to vent about in my own little way here on the public MILF Diaries... I want to start doing this one again and not make people sign up for it... but not post much private stuff at all. That way there's really no room for nastiness because really, I hate the mean comments I get.

I just like to write and I like people to relate to or enjoy what I write. Sometimes I spell things wrong, make typos, or grammatically incorrect sentences. But for the most part I think I am a pretty good writer and I'm going to start doing more of it.

I got bitten by a bird today. More on that later.

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're back on here. I haven't taken my kids to sit on Santa's lap at the mall yet, I am dreading it.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Michele_3 said...

D*ana,
I can relate, I took my 3 boys to see Santa here in Tampa & the line was outrageous!
They were so good about waiting in line, but I think Santa could of been a little bit more cheerful, I think he was close to the end of his shift & wasn't acting too jolly!
I just wanted the picture anyway, but my oldest son said "I think Santa's tired, he didn't really ask what I wanted for Christmas"
What a Crab! I thought..
I think think this is the last time I'm doing this Santa thing..

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Yes, sitting on Santa's lap is ALWAYS a "fun" experience. I think we'll skip it this year. I'm not taking a brand new baby to the mall and my 2 1/2 year old already told me "Santa scares me" so why bother putting her through that?!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Lou said...

Ouch - hope you didn't get hurt too bad by the bird.
As for Santa lines - they kept the one moving @ Buckland in Manchester. I guess it depends on the helpers. The one in West Farms, however - it crawled.
I will say, however, that even my teenagers (2 boys 17 and 14) will still go up and say hello to Santa. And even at 45, Dana, I do still believe.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger trybestthing said...

Looking for the best jobs in Malaysia? Look no further than Jobi! Our job search platform features a comprehensive listing of the top job opportunities in Malaysia, covering a wide range of industries and skill levels. Find your dream job today with Jobi - the ultimate resource for job seekers in Malaysia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home